Monday, January 28, 2008

The late night talk show effect

So I was checking out the guests for upcoming talk shows, and got the dumb idea to make a blog post seeing how the respective bands sales are affected from their talk show appearance. Since some shows, the ones without writers, are not publicising their lineups, I'll use Letterman (Late Show), Ferguson (Late Late Show), and the Jimmy Kimmel (who cares) repeat.

The Whigs will be on The Late Show tonight. I'll use Amazon (yup, dot com). Right now 3:12 EST their latest album is ranked 239 in music, and their debut, is ranked at 4066.

Deana Carter will be on The Late Late Show, her latest is ranked 15807. Her previous album is ranked 51222.

Wyclef will be on the repeat of Jimmy Kimmel. His latest is ranked 286. His previous album is ranked 9915.

I could add much more detail, but since I am blogging this just for fun, for my own curiousity, I couldn't be bothered. Amazon from what I know/remember, updates every hour the rank, so I'll check back after each performance has aired for a few hours, including west time zones, and the day after.

No comments: