Saturday, August 06, 2005

Another first post.

So, another first post, because this is the first post in my new 'music' blog, which I have been thinking of doing for a while now. The other first post belonging to my baseball blog which I started in June. I never have been a 'blog' fan per se, but I am slowly coming around to liking them, provided there is worthwhile content. I do like the participatory element, getting regular people writing, and voicing their opinions, etc.

With that said, music is a passion of mine, I enjoy genres all over the radar. So, like I said in my baseball blog, if I were to write on my web site, few would read it, since I don't publicise it, and am rarely bothered to update it. However, using this blogging dealy, it makes it much more practical (and easy). So with people reading my thoughts, opinions, and the like on music, chances are he/she may discover a new artist/band, that may not have received much airplay, especially on corporate owned radio! Even though I do listen to commercial music as well.

Okay, so I really wasn't too sure about a blog name, I thought something music related would be nice, so I chose part of a Bad Religion song, Modern Man. It happens to be my favourite Bad Religion song, although they have plenty more great songs! The lyrics are relevant to, about, you guessed it, modern man! The lyrics:

I've got nothing to say, I've got nothing to do.
All of my neurons are functioning smoothly yet still I'm a cyborg just like you.
I'm one big myoma that thinks, my planet supports only me.
I've got this one problem: will I live forever?
I've got just a short time to see.
Modern man, evolutionary betrayer,
modern man, ecosystem destroyer,
modern man, destroy yourself in shame,
modern man, pathetic example of earth's organic heritage.

When I look back and think,
when I ponder and ask "why"?,
I see my ancestors spend with careless abandon,
assuming eternal supply. Modern man...

Just a sample of carbon-based wastage,
just a f***ing tragic epic of you and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!